View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 22:00   Link #3563
hero147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
The funny thing is, I always thought that SEED only have very very little budget due to the insane number of reused animation and flashbacks and recap episodes. Even other Gundam series, which considered fail, like X & Victory didn’t do it to that extent. I’ve seen Victory in its entirety and I can say that they use new animation each episode and 90% of the scenes in the whole series are not reused. It still has some recap episodes though. While in SEED, we can safely say that at least 30% of the entire series’ duration went to reused scenes and flashbacks.
SEED had a very generous budget. I remember reading about how Fukuda was responsible for the revival of the dying gundam franchise at the time, which is why they poured a lot of money into production. Unfortunately, money is always finite and Fukuda spent quite a bit getting the copyrights of the music played during the series, leaving no room for other things...

I don't remember reading this in an article. It might have been in the Gundam Age General Discussion forums since they were chatting about Gundam Age's recent low ratings. But it would explain SEED's great music and recycled animation.

If this were the case, I wish they would have shelled out more money to make Gundam Seed better since it is one of my favourite animes of all time.
hero147 is offline   Reply With Quote