View Single Post
Old 2012-07-04, 09:40   Link #24
longguilol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
If any of the others can come up with validations for putting teleportation with speed, I'll accept it

EDIT: In the case of Mest...even though he had that 'teleportation-like' ability, it really didn't help him in a battle against Gray...lol. The way he used it, yeah, I would add it on as a 'speed'-class magic but it's the 'magic vs ability' thing that does it for me. But, if I allow Meteor for Jelly, I guess I have to allow this manuver for Mest.

I guess I'm not fully clear yet as to if we are measuring their base attributes without any self-buffs or whether we are allowing for their magic to be active when we take the measure of their attributes.

For instance, are we taking Natsu's basic haymaker punch or his Kayruu no Tekken or even one of his Metsuryuu Ougi as a factor to his physical strength in Offense? If we split up Offense between Physical Str and Magical Str, then we'd have to do the same for Defense, which would result in Durability being moved to underneath Defense for the physical side and Magical Defense being created to balance it out.

Of course, this means that we could also do smaller ability lists for many of their moves, as to how strong Natsu's fire-enhanced attacks are in constrast to basic attacks or even to him being in Dragon Force Mode, but that might be too much work...
I don't think we should take "Gray vs. Mest/Doranbolt" seriously, since the latter obviously had other ulterior motives and most likely wasn't trying to win.

As to how to measure the attributes, one way of doing it would be as follows: (I'll take Offense as an example):

-Magical Power/Magical Enchanced Strength: X points
-Physical Strength: Y Points
-Versatility/Attack Range: Z Points
-Maximum damage via single attack ability: W Points

Total: X+Y+Z+W <-- total score used as a basis to come for an overall / accurate score for Offense, i.e, Offense would reflect the sum of the parts.

But, everyone will have the freedom to interpret the definitions the way they see fit, and come up with a respective score. After all, this is a fan based collaboration.

Durability & Defense are inherently different, since Defense covers any magical or physical ability that shield a character from taking damage, whereas, Durability tries to quantify how much damage one is able to withstand, etc.

Physical forms of Defense could be armor, shields, or large frying pans (Vanish brothers)
Magical forms of Defense could be energy waves that are able to nullify Magic, etc (example: Yuka Suzuki)
And then there are Physical forms of Defense that are Magically Enhanced (Erza Ultimate Defense Armor for example).

In the case of Defense, the better overall ability/form could be taken into consideration, or be given more weigh, as in:

Defense = better of (PHY DEF or MAG DEF). But the freedom to interpret how an overall score should derived is totally up to the voter.

Anyway, I was thinking that if everyone is cool with the current tentative attributes and their definitions, we should push ahead with the voting process.

Tentative timeline:

Now: ~14:30 Wednesday (GMT) - Time in Greenwich Mean Time
Voting Begins: ~06:00 Friday (GMT) - Time in Greenwich Mean Time

So in less than 40 hours.
longguilol is offline   Reply With Quote