View Single Post
Old 2005-12-28, 12:43   Link #1
Tangster

Do you think Bleach has a lack of creativity?

Hi...I have watched both Naruto and Bleach...I know that both series cannot really be compared against each other...But does anyone who has watched both series feel that Bleach is lacking creativity? I mean, not creativity in terms of storyline but in techniques. There are xxxkai and bankai and the rest are mere swordfights...There are also other techniques like magic but they were never really used in the series.

Naruto, however, I think has a lot of creativity in terms of character making, technqiues and tactics, plus it has a really good storyline. The fact that we are not still sure if Kabuto, who first appeared in episode 20 (anime) something, is working for akatsuki or orochimaru has told us the great and creative storyline planning in the long- term. Also, there are a great variety of jutsues, like the elements of fire, water, tree, mud etc and ninjaly, illusionary and physically. The tactics explained such as in a ninja pursuit etc shows some good insights as to the depth at which Naruto is being created. I think Naruto is one of the most creative shows that has ever made.

I am not saying Bleach is not a good series. Frankly, the anime is done so fantastically that the sword fights are never boring (even if most of the time they are mere sword fights with no special techniques) and the graphics are better than Naruto. But in terms of creativity, I think Naruto is one ahead. Any thoughts?