View Single Post
Old 2012-07-15, 08:03   Link #272
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I get your reasoning, but this can't be helped. It's not as beta-testers themselves knew the game was going to be a death trap. Considering that for a month that nobody was able to even find the Boss floor, should indicted that the beta-testers don't know that much more about the game than the noobs. While the guidebook may not state every trick in the game, it at least the gives the basics for survival and advancement for everybody. From there everyone can move as they see fit, it's far better than nothing. I mean the beta-testers when they first started the game, before it went official didn't even have that. Besides regardless who kills the Boss all players get one step closer to leaving SAO, so benefit for all involved in the end. I think that's most important thing here IMO.
Yes. That is indeed the logical thing to assume, but you're not considering the mental state that the characters are in.

Many of the players are angry and desperate, and they need a channel to divert those excess emotions. They can hardly target their feelings towards Kayaba Akihiko since he is virtually unreachable, so they need a much more tangible scapegoat to receive the brunt of their negative emotions. I mean, they could live on indefinitely by just blaming their predicaments on the beta testers "not sharing their information", like how some people like blaming the government for every single problem in society.