View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 12:45   Link #51
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I was going to ask how does manga compare to the LN and how closely it followed it but that's now answered.

That said, probably because I haven't read the original source, but I find the main manga alright despite it being a bit bland. I like the spin-off manga quite a bit more though, however that might have more to do with the better art and larger focus on Masuzu.
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3. Even though Hime is supposedly the 'main' in v2 and Ai for v3, you get plenty of Masuzu in both volumes. And I don't think this series will run very long, at most 10 volumes perhaps?(optimistically speaking).

That being said, I'm not sure when I'll get to read v5. I'm still tackling SAO 10, and next will be Mahouka 6 (I switched the order because SAO is much easier to read). Hmm, then again, maybe I'll read Oreshura first after SAO since it's even easier to read.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote