View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 18:25   Link #27
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Hmm, she might still save Nanoha... though takes her sweet time about it. One of the thoughts I posted earlier, had to do with the time reference.

In the series, there is a large gap of time between Vita's barrier going up, and Nanoha getting blown into the building (she had more than enough time to leave her house and get to the top of a tall building before being attacked). Fate (and Yuuno's) timely save made sense, given that they were on a ship and rushing back to Earth.

Yet, in the movie... Fate sees the barrier, and that's why she intervenes? Raising Heart detected the barrier going up before it hit them. Surely Bardiche would do the same, which would mean Fate should arrive plenty early, before Nanoha gets smacked down.

I'd like to know how exactly they addressed that.

As for the "well, that HAD to drop some stuff because you can't fit everything into a movie!" criticism defense... that is partially true, but ultimately that is the problem of the writers. If you have to drop or rush plot relevant stuff to fit your time constraint, then perhaps the story really is too big to fit into a movie. Your job as a writer is to make it fit and make it a good story. If you can't do that, then yes, it is a valid criticism to call the movie out on being rushed and cut all to hell.

Graham, I can kinda see being cut now (even though I feel it takes away from the story and from Chrono). But if Hayate's story was rushed in order to fit in Fate's dream sequence, then that smacks of a double standard. Hayate's family should have been given more focus as the primary antagonists, especially given the way the antagonists in the first movie were given such extra focus.

So, I repeat what I said a few times before: I was right about them including the Fate dream sequence to the detriment of more important elements in the movie. But we all know why they included it, as well as the "meeting again" scene.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote