View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 03:52   Link #73
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Finally the chronological inconsistencies ( could some times be called loop holes) could be explained later on. With Long anime/manga like Naruto, bleach, One piece, ... there are bound to be some inconsistencies. Some get explained and some don't.
i hate to compare the three series but among them, one piece has the least inconsistencies (if there are any at all, some may argue that they couldn't find any) and it's the longest running series among the three. it's not about the length of the series, it's about the author's ability to write consistently. kubo is probably the most inconsistent among them but kishi seems to be catching up in that department. as far as i'm concerned, he still hasn't explained why kakashi gained mangekyou or if indeed he did since some fans seem to think kakashi's "mangekyou" is merely an upgraded sharingan. that should have been explained years ago but he seems to have forgotten that little piece of detail. that's just one of the many unanswered questions, inconsistencies or what others call asspulls in narutoverse. if he does answer them later, i hope he could justify why he had to wait all the way to the end of the manga to answer them.

Quote:
I still think it would be best if he turned out to be no one we know (yet) at all. Someone on the sidelines who hasn't been in the spotlight at all. That he was originally from konoha, well I don't think anyone doubted THAT.

"But Dengar, why would Kishi give him a mask for 5 years if we don't know him?"

My point exactly.
yeah, i hope so too. the mask could be justified by a simple reason, tobi might have been a ninja who was quite known in konoha only he wasn't introduced in the series yet. he wears the mask because he doesn't want anyone to recognize him. he used madara's name to instill fear in his enemies. he might even be madara's disciple. he could have been kakashi and gai's former teacher. he could be one of the anbu who worked with them before. he could have been one of the jounin who was kakashi's superior, perhaps someone who worked closely with minato that's why he seemed to know minato as well. he could have been anybody. just because we haven't met the character yet, doesn't mean the rest of konoha hasn't either.

Last edited by ronin myael; 2012-07-19 at 04:57.
ronin myael is offline   Reply With Quote