Thread: Smile Precure
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-19, 23:29   Link #574
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post
screw children's dreams. Also im about to get the first batch of Fresh PC. Is it good? I heard Heart catch is like, really really good.
I think Fresh Precure is pretty good, all the main characters are quite likeable, the character design are a bit more mature looking, and Love/Cure Peach was an awesome lead character IMO and my favourite of the group, unlike more recently where the other Precure seems to take more spotlight than the lead. Also according to the Japanese netizens Fresh Precure was the new turning point which sets a lot of new standards in the franchise for the later ones to follow so going backwards from the new ones won't be much of a shock either.

The only problem, and not a small one, is that the artwork of the show doesn't age well, especially coming back from shows like Smile. In fact it looked a bit cheaply made and the eyes of the character always looks like they were starring into empty space which was a bit freaky to me. Also the acting of some of the supporting cast was stiff. But overall it didn't distract from the good characters and story with above average execution, worth watching I think.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote