Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-03, 05:55   Link #816
macdawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
The technical detail quality never drops from each ep. Even all points on the Yamato hit by the reflex cannon still shows in all parts of the animation. Including the damage to the rear secondary turrent which is still evident as the Yamato is making its fly by at the end of ep 6.

The launch bay set up is pretty efficient at least in regards to the launch sequence but I would like to see the recovery operation of the fighters. Its also interesting to see how the battle bridge is smaller than the main bridge even though its located in the secondary supposedly larger section of the bridge tower.
That's the beauty of 3D models, you can maintain a consistent look even where damage is concerned.

The landing operation for the fighters is something that is bothering me too, the launche processes seem to be very efficient but the landing is probably tricky. The Zeros can probably use VTOL capabilities to land on the upper platforms but the Falcons... i'm sure they'll show us how it's done but it must be a lot more complex than the launch.
macdawson is offline   Reply With Quote