View Single Post
Old 2005-12-31, 18:54   Link #155
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylf
I don't have a strong point to make in this post. I just wanted to share some viewpoint and a small frustration I found from an experiment I did today.
Yeah, I did a similar experiment about a month ago. Chapters basically don't work in mp4 right now. Then again, chapter support is one of those things that doesn't matter.
In this case, actually, chapter support would be useful. But the problem is no one would use it . Most fansub watchers don't even know WHERE to jump to chapters would be at all. If they had to go to some menu or something in their player, they'd have no clue. so your awesomely useful chapters would go unused by 90% of watchers.
On the other hand, if you were to make a DVD like menu using super fancy XML mp4 scripting, and force people to use Osmo player... then again, who am I kidding...

Actually, chapters are only really useful when it comes to movies. In a 30 minute tv show, the chapters are obvious anyway. Halfway, opening, and ending. All of which you can guess pretty accurately based on the timeline anyway.

Edit: Archmage: I bet you and a bunch of other KAA rip watchers know that hot key. And about 10 Naruto downloaders.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote