View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 08:22   Link #35846
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I.S. classification by size

Light = Is theoretically the smallest unit possible, barely taller than it's own pilot. Lacking arm and leg extension, it eschew a lot of system within for the sake of compactness and simplicity. Characterized by it's nimbleness and extreme speed. Only three units ever recorded so far

Medium = The majority of the frames put in this class, characterized by it's aerial superiority and emphasis on firepower while sacrificing defense, though some are purposefully balanced. Most generation 3 and some generation 2 unit are in this category.

Heavy= Encompassing almost every Generation 1 unit. Heavyweight I.S. tend to lack notable aerial capability, and emphasizing surface maneuver and heavy defense.

Superheavy = Rarely encountered, usually a modified unit that pushed the frame weight limit as far as possible by adding lots of support equipment. Tend to give burden to it's pilot and not easy to operate.

Massive = Encompassing all heavy platform that utilize I.S. core for their main operation, rarely humanoid in terms of appearance. I.S. frame itself is not essential, though in virtually all case, a simple frame is used for pilot and core protection (similar to escape pod)

@ Eras
See above