View Single Post
Old 2006-01-03, 15:02   Link #21
Soluzar

Send a message via AIM to Soluzar Send a message via MSN to Soluzar Send a message via Yahoo to Soluzar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
I'm not sure why you think that this was a betrayal by Zangetsu, even if you assume that Zangetsu is opposed to hollow-Ichigo. Obviously it is good for Ichigo to become stronger, even if hollow-Ichigo also wants it.
I don't see how anyone could see it as anything other than a betrayal. Hollow-Ichigo is plotting against Shinigami-Ichigo, with the co-operation of Zangetsu. What more can there be to say?

Quote:
This is one thing that both Ichigo and hollow-Ichigo can equally benefit from. It has no bearing on who gets that strength in the end.
This is true, but I think it was fairly clear in context that Zangetsu is co-operating with Hollow-Ichigo. If nothing else, he should have told Shinigami-Ichigo that the Hollow-Ichigo existed. It's always going to be betrayal in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSmallOne
Besides Zangetsu isn't a real person for himself, he is just a part of Ichigo('s soul), so he can't really betray Ichigo in the first place, because it would be betraying himself.
The "inner hollow" is also Ichigo! Theay are basically all the same person, just a little bit different aspects of it.
I don't accept that premise, and never have. The hollow is a separate individual, as is Zangetsu. I'm utterly convinced of that. It just doesn't make sense for the Zanpakuto to be a part of the Shinigami. I'm aware that this is what they believe, but who said it was true?