View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 01:00   Link #184
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Personally I thought the episode was damn enjoyable. The fight against that boss might have only taken a few minutes, but once the dual wielding began those were some intense minutes . I focused more on how badass it was having Kirito just charge into the boss and start trading blows there. It really was a race against time to do enough damage to bring him down before he was taken down. Defeating the boss in that kind of situation was a kind of revenge for the death of Sachi and her guild. He may not have saved everyone there, but he saved most of them and that's not bad at all.

In terms of Asuna I just appreciated her being that up front about her feelings and worries. Hinting that she partied up with him in the first place because she was worried. Apparently good reason to be with how it all turned out. Think we're starting to get a look at her true thoughts a bit more as well. Has stayed strong as a pillar of those who are pushing forward to clear this game, but saw hints that there is more to her than that from episode 2. I'm sure the real Asuna is somewhere in-between, but at least it feels like when it comes to Kirito she's more up front. Sure she's not outright confessing here, but close enough. I'm glad she's the one who charged in there first.

Of course always good to see Klein again. That guy just brings a positive attitude to the series. There are times where he can just get through to Kirito and it doesn't feel like Kirito is holding back. Asking Asuna (who could actually force him to party with her) to take care of Kirito really made sense. Wants someone to look out for his friend.

Who knows though how Kirito gained that dual wielding ability. Maybe because he's played so long with a one sword shield-less style? Most would take the shield if only using one sword unless like Asuna it'd affect her weapons speed. Well however he did it, that skill came in handy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
He also soloed the dragon on the mountain. Point is, those were on lower floors. It's unclear exactly what level a seasonal boss is supposed to be, but it's unlikely it was as strong as something on the front lines.
I don't see any reason to assume that. For all we know a seasonal event boss could be stronger than what they were dealing with at the front lines. When we have nothing to base it on it can go either way. At the very least Kirito thought it was entirely possible that he'd die soloing that boss so it wasn't expected to be some kind of pushover.