View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 07:49   Link #255
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Even if what you posted is from a past event or cut out monologue, if it provides supplementary information of a nature that aids in speculation of a future event, it is still considered an offending spoiler as far as I know. Anime-only viewers are supposed to speculate with what they have from the show itself, even if they are not as complete as that of the novel. Of course, in this post I quoted regarding harassment, it isn't of such a nature at this stage of the show as far as I can remember so I guess this particular piece of information is fine. But not necessarily so for other 'cut out' events and information. Just because the author wants to give 'hints' to the readers doesn't mean that the anime team wants to do the same, nor do all anime-only viewers appreciate the 'extra' clues which a reader think should have been adapted into an episode.
Hence the spoiler tags, that I use. If you click on them, the choice is yours - I am not holding a gun to your head, forcing you to read the spoilers.

At the same time anime viewers don't appreciate additional information, novel readers don't appreciate being treated like pariahs just because they have a different perspective on things.

I'm sure this would make any discussion of, say, Black Hawk Down or Band of Brothers difficult, what with how much was cut out and changed to adapt both books.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote