View Single Post
Old 2012-09-20, 11:22   Link #96
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I didn't notice, would you mind to elaborate on which way Homer Masashi Kishimoto's story has grown more mature and/or advanced over the years?
hidan, among others but he is the best example, is equivalent to a character from an R rater horror film. the story got much more involved in politics as time progressed. there has been more mystery, intrigue, collusion, character complexity, large scale plans, etc... in recent years. heroic characters have died. strategy and battle plans have gotten more complex. if you don't see it for yourself, then i doubt i can convince you, but the things i listed just now were either on a much smaller scale or not even present when the manga began

also about the homer thing. that was an example that love can be and is a legitimate reason for obito's change of heart (and i doubt that's even the only reason, but if it is, then he has good company) you can insert pretty much any Shakespearean tragedy or even comedy in there too if you want to legitimatize it further. i'm not saying kishi is on par with those writers, i'm only saying that love has been used in literature as a path to insanity, evil, etc... since the oldest classics. also, just think about the iliad and the odyssey for a moment. are those strictly for 12 year olds too? what happens in those stories that is so far advanced from naruto's story? nothing really
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote