View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 09:09   Link #745
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Baishin is perhaps a more prominent example though as his bankai transformed him into a being made of swords.
who's Baishin?

Quote:
Ultimately, I think it simply comes down to the fact that Kubo's never claimed absolute limitations for what Bankai abilities could or could not be able to do. So just because the majority of bankai abilities we've seen so far may have had some limitations to be noticed, I suppose it would be a mistake on the reader's part to immediately cancel out the possibility that there would never be a few bankai's granting abilities or traits beyond those presumed limits. Afterall, from practically the get-go Kubo at least suggested this as a possibility when he made Byakuya highlight the fact that Ichigo's bankai falls outside the norm. So why can't a couple others follow suit in different ways and to varying degrees?
yea, I agree here, it's just that that is my problem with a lot of powers that he introduces. they don't seem as cool as they should be because they don't fit into a category. i'm more talking about fullbring and some of the dumb shitritter powers here like turning into a gorilla for instance... but it is certainly true that kubo wants it this way without limitations, which to me suggests that he wants the freedom to do whatever he wants just in case he can't come up with something that does fit those expectations

Quote:
Compared to some of the other asspulls this series has thrown our way, this is one issue I find myself more capable of suspending my disbelief towards.
totally agree here and like i said, i do actually like shunsui's power, i just dont think it fits in with the other soul reaper powers
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote