View Single Post
Old 2012-09-22, 14:27   Link #9
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
How has everyone liked it in comparison to the old show?
I can't speak for everyone due to how opinions differ on these two show, but as a long time huge fan of the '99 series, I am quite pleased with the remake so far, and I dare say that I'm in love with it at this point as much as I'm in love with the manga and older series.

There areas where I think that the '99 series was better, like the soundtrack and some of it's visual aspects e.g backgrounds, lighting and some of the fights in the Hunter exam such as the Hanzo/Gon fights (though that doesn't mean that the new series lacks in either of these aspects, the OST here is very good and if anything I think this show is overall better looking than the '99 series), and area's where the remake just takes the material and then injects it with undiluted awesome, particularly key fights and moments after the Hunter exam. Also, as I mentioned before, the new show is overall better looking due to how consistent the artwork and animation is, as well as the character designs looking more lively and the brighter colour plate (on the filp side, it also means that for some pretty long stretches, the show doesn't really display much fantastic animation, though that changes once the Gon/Hisoka fight starts).

If you are a fan of the '99 series, I recommend giving this one a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
I've read people that claim the reboot was meant to be closer to the manga. Has that held true thus far?
Yes, thus far it had been pretty faithful to the manga, with a few minor changes here and there.