View Single Post
Old 2012-10-07, 01:28   Link #77
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
On a different note, I just finished watching Suki-tte Ii na yo, and the animation quality between that show and this is night and day. If this show had the same animation quality, it would definitely add more appeal to the show. And this show is supposed to be higher profile, too. It makes me wonder what is going on.
I think it's not so much a matter of "profile". Different shows have different staff, including animation directors, episode directors, and storyboard artists who all have their own styles, fortés, and preferences. Plus, this is a 26-episode show, whereas Sukitte ii na yo is 13 episodes. It can also be sometimes common for shows to have higher-budget first episodes (when they have more time and money) and to collapse later on as the schedule catches up to them. I suppose a key question is how the level of quality is maintained over the course of the 26-episode run (and any more that may follow).

At the end of the day, the show won't win a prize for the most visually-striking anime of the season. But if it can maintain this level throughout the whole run and the story is well-presented, I'll probably still enjoy it.