View Single Post
Old 2012-10-13, 08:12   Link #860
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
I can only speak for myself but i don't see anything wrong with how it is going. And i know also alot people that are reading this because it is entertaining.
I have nothing against cliché-ridden storries as long they can entertain me and that is clearly the case with this manga.

This was never meant to be like one of those stories where people need to guess with who the protagonist will end up.
From the beginning it was clear for me that it will be an Chitoge end. Rakus crush on Onodera was just something to not let him hook up with Chitoges too fast and it was somthing he will overcome after he realized which girl he really liked.
I don't think people are getting what I'm saying...
I never said it couldn't be obvious that Chitoge was the final girl...I'm just saying that it would have been better for the story (for me at least) if the author focused on the other girls a bit more and made us doubt that fact at least once.
To me the romance side of this RomCom series has become incredibly boring, I'm really just here for the Comedy side by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
And you don't need suspense/uncertainty about who the end girl is to entertain audiences.

Saying this can't be entertaining is like saying a "howdecatchthem" detective story can't be entertaining because you know from the start who the criminal is.
I rather enjoy howcatchem stories when done right. In this regard the problem isn't that we know who the "final girl" is, it's how the author has been telling the romance side of the plot...it may very well be just me but I find it lacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
Randrak42 but Chitoge and Raku arent dating for real. And Kosaki already know that fact. And between them there wasnt any feelings in begining. If Kosaki and Raku would date in begining of series then it would be impossible for any girl to interrupt. because it was mutual feeling... Thats why it would be end of series...

Yes Raku and Kosaki dating would make sense- but only now when Raku develop feelings for Chitoge and Chitoge knew whats her real feelings are... It would be interesting... But we are talking here about past, not about current situation!! Earlier relationship between Raku and Kosaki would mean end of series...

Not others girls, but only one girl- Mari... Its 3 girls in total... In end you can call it love triangle manga which change into harem... But its harem manga only in name... If you look only at chemistry between characters and feelings development between them then this manga is love triangle... Serious plot happen only between Kosaki- Raku- Chitoge...
I was never talking about them dating in the beginning of the series, I dunno where you got that idea. But then again, if they started dating early on in the plot it could have actually made for a fun plot...
Raku and Chitoge being a pretend couple to keep a war from happening and all the while Raku was dating Kosaki for real. The time Raku spent with Chitoge pretending to date could easily allow for feelings to develop between the two making Raku torn between his two loves...add comedy and done well and it wouldn't even have to be that serious to be played out well.
Just because two characters are dating doesn't mean Raku couldn't start to develop feelings for another girl, especially in the situation they were in.
Tell you the truth now that I think about it, I much rather the story had developed like that than as it did. But hey, it could still happen so here's to me hoping for it.

You're forgetting Tsugumi, that's four girls with a romantic interest in the MC.
It doesn't matter if there's only any real development between two or three characters, it still is a Harem.
Love Hina doesn't stop being a harem just because Naru and Keitaro's relationship develops more than the others.
Ai Kora doesn't stop being a harem just because Sakurako and Hachibei's relationship is the only one with real development.
TLR doesn't stop being a harem just because Lala and Rito get most of the relationship development (and then Rito, Yami and Momo in Darkness).
HSDK doesn't stop being a harem just because Miu and Kenichi are the only ones with any real romantic development.
Rosario+Vampire doesn't stop being a harem just because Moka and Tsukune are the only ones with any mutual romantic interest.
Highschool DxD doesn't stop being a harem just because only Rias and Issei's relationship gets any real focus.
And so on...then again we're just arguing about a little technicality...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote