View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 01:06   Link #277
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmaKarma View Post
I have to say that after listening to the ending theme over and over, I really love it. It's not something brand new or unorthodox but the singer's voice and the instrumentals really pack emotion. I also like the structure of the song. Good stuff.
The singer is Suzuki Konomi, who was 15 when she sang the OP to Tasogare Otome Amnesia last spring, and will only turn 16 in November. She had won a nationwide contest to sing an anime theme. Here is a video of her win. And here is her blog. That previous song, "Choir Jail," sounded a bit harsh to me, but she seems to me to have gained more control of her tone in the intervening months. Big voice. Lots of talent. Stage mother. I think this is one of several good OP/ED songs this season.

@HandofFate: As for Mashiro's book I think the idea was that either some other resident was looking at it there, or she was. Not the MC. But the real reason was to set up the scene, of course.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote