View Single Post
Old 2012-11-03, 19:58   Link #31082
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by qno2 View Post
Though I'm more talking about Meta-Beato (depending on how you look at that matter = Itsuko/post-1986-Yasu) covering up than Author-Yasu. From the illusion of the witch to Shkanon basically. Doesn't mean that this line of thought can ignore the first two episodes though, since we received the red from Meta-Beato, not the author.
The original author would still keep her original intent.

Yup, didn't really express myself well in my last post, sorry.
It's okay but I think even meta-Beato wanted Battler to figure her heart out, not Prime.

Quote:
Wouldn't really speak against the Witch/Shkanon hiding the truth from Battler and Ange actually, since all the speculation still spoke about the "Witch Serial Murder", not "White-Haired Demon Murder".
The point is that before people were accepting the police's theory of an incident, while the messages raised the suspicion someone did it and caused the people to speculate and, among the speculations, the Rudolf family culprit theory grew interesting.

So, although the Kyrie culprit isn't now the sole theory going on, people are considering the possibility she andRudolf were culprits while first it was dismissed as an incident. I see this as a worsening of the situation, not as an improving it.

Quote:
Personally I never saw a point in author-Yasu throwing out her stories anyway, regardless of whether she planned a murder game, an actual mass murder (actually, there it could have a purpose: "to keep them alive for all eternity in stories" ... yeah) or nothing at all, so I generally don't believe they served any real purpose - it was an emotional act. "Ah, just like in 'And then there were none'. Maybe someone will someday find them and discover my twisted and confused heart. Tell me, dear reader I will never know, what path should I take? I will be too late however. So please, just understand me." Which would imply that the whole incident wasn't really anything she planned, all just a weird accident and coincidence as it tends to happen in stories.
If she wants to be understood, why did she try everything in her might to hide herself? Good question, Dlanor's little speech at the end of Our Confessions might relate to it (about how Beatrice claims that "if only 1 in a 1000 can understand me that is enough").
Ep 5 more or less answered to this, comparing Beato (and therefore Yasu) to a shy girl in love who's afraid to declare herself and yet is trying to write a love letter and even Battler commented she went at it in such a roundabout way that her message risked being impossible to get.

There's to say Yasu is defined as shy and part of her message involves her having a wound that makes her body impossible to love so maybe she didn't feel like telling this openly.

That and Ryukishi needed an excuse to set up his plot, which I find, in points like this one, a bit weak.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote