View Single Post
Old 2012-11-04, 20:15   Link #157
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Of course, this wasn't actually happening and was just my stupid delusion, therefore I put in almost. One side is only arguing the use of rape in fiction is unacceptable, while the other side is arguing that "it's not that bad". Nothing remotely suggesting what I said.
Just putting it out there, not trying to contradict. I wasnt trying to make it sound like "it's not that bad." Whether or not it's used is up to the author, what matters to me is how it's used, not whether or not it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Sad as one might think, that's the "reality" of it. Rape is generally less acceptable in fiction than death. Don't ask me why.
I think the reason why rape is "less acceptable" in fiction is because, when it happens in real life, nobody has control over it aside from the assailant. When it happens in fiction someone (usually the author) has to choose to use it, and as you can see, some people react very poorly to the fact that anyone is willing to use it in the first place, regardless of how it's handled.

And I think I'm done on this topic, I think we've derailed this thread enough, and I dont want to give relentless anymore modding work to do.

See y'all at the next episode. Ciao!
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote