View Single Post
Old 2012-11-17, 16:14   Link #33
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oroboro View Post
Think of it this way. Without sword skills, Dual Wielding isn't better, it's just different.
This is why I was wondering if there wasn't any penalty due to the lack of requirement, as the absence of requirement means it is on the same level as the other style, which means the damage should be changed so it doesn't outperform.
Quote:
Dual wielding gave Kirito the edge because Eugene wasn't expecting it and didn't have time to figure out how to defend against it. Had Kirito been dual wielding from the start, Eugene would've probably been able to adjust his fighting style accordingly.
The way how Eugene acted after being blasted once doesn't really indicate so. Clearly he wasn't expecting Kirito's initial block, but that's far as it goes. There is not really anything that would make Eugene faring better from the get go if Kirito had two swords to begin with, unless he had a shield hidden somewhere.

I guess they missed the chance to pull some narration, similar to what happened with SAO Kirito resorting to DW the first time, at least the fact he resorted to dual wielding there make a little more sense, strategic wise, but what I commented was the very reason why he didn't opt to this from the beginning in ALO, despite the lack of requirement (and that means: there is no apperent issue with it).