View Single Post
Old 2012-11-28, 15:52   Link #31246
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch of Uncertainty View Post
Well, that wouldn't have been much Mystery to solve, and would hardly help Battler remember his sin.

...Not that killing everyone around him would normally make him nostalgic about the good old days with Shannon, but.. At least it's closer.
And I think they need to be brutal as long as she can't hide their wounds with a stake. You know, so they don't see that the victim was shot or.. not wounded at all.
The issue is that if the goal is to create a fake mystery (perhaps) and have everyone focus on the epitaph... why aren't the accomplices focusing on the epitaph? If Rosa is the accomplice in Turn, why isn't she insisting everybody bunker down and solve the epitaph? If the goal is solely to make Battler remember, why aren't they doing things that might spark his memory? It's like she has absolutely no control over what people do, and/or no actual interest in her own stated objective.

Look at Alliance. The hell was the point of all that? Look at it from Battler's point of view: He's received an array of terrifying phone calls and locked two people in a shed. He just found George dead and has every reason to believe everyone else is also dead. And then Beatrice is like "Hey, this jog your memory any?"

...what? I sure as hell hope there was a book Battler and Shannon read that goes exactly like this one because otherwise I fail to see how the hell any of that was of any use whatsoever to helping Battler remember anything at all. People often have trouble remembering things when they think they're dealing with a serial killer.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote