Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-11-30, 12:44   Link #641
Midonin
Last Engage

R;N 08 - Do You Know? Do You Know?

The flags that Kimijima set up definitely reveal the anime's origins, but they do seem to be hinting at something greater. Anyone who sets up a scavenger hunt like this usually has some greater goal in mind. Kimijima himself looks to be the John Titor of this whole operation, though whether or not he's also a cute girl remains to be seen. Nae's presence (and attitude - she and Aki get along great, I hope for more of this) was a whole lot of fun. Though with all the S;G callbacks, I'm hoping for one or two more C;H ones. A trilogy requires all three parts to work in tandem, even if they're more thematically related like they are here.

So the "Kagome Kagome" stuff is also a symbol of doom here. I wonder if the writers over at Nitro+ (at least, the ones I follow) are latching onto this particular song for reasons beyond it being a staple in Japan. I think folklore says that it might be about how Nobunaga fell, and the fall of an empire is something the Committee of 300 is planning. With a name like that, one would think they'd control the world population by kicking them into pits.

This is picking up. I look forward to seeing Gunvarrel be completed. The show already foreshadowed that it would, so either Aki's gonna need to find some way to convince JAXA, or find yet another source of funding.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote