Thread: Licensed Tamako Market
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-03, 18:40   Link #106
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
If this does end up being a second wind of K-ON! (or even something like a Tamayura), that would be great.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This seems like a sad joke.

I have no idea what this and whether or not it will be good, but KyoAni will not have adapted anymore Haruhi in nearly 3 years.

I don't want to see the full animated version of Haruhi when I'm well over 30 years old. This is getting ridiculous.

You grumpy old dwarf! Heck, I'm over FORTY already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
An original work from Kyoani... could be interesting. Waiting for more info.

In the meantime, all I can say is that the girl looks cute. She's kind of a mix of Mugi and Mio. What's that in her hand? And why is there a chicken on top of her head?
And what's wrong with having a chicken on your head? Hmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Mochi is a very common sweet, a glutinous little dumpling made of pounded sweet rice, often with sweet bean paste in the centre. The most widely-sold commercial brand, which you see in Japanese and Chinese stores in North America, is called Daifuku. They are delicious:

(click to enlarge)

I am eager to see any show from KyoAni, but I have to say that K-On was one that I abandoned after a few episodes. Much as I enjoy moe, there just wasn't much there there, for me. And this show is another original from the director and writer that made K-On. Hyouka and Chuunibyou are the KyoAni shows I have liked best since Haruhi I.
Must admit that I really like mochi, and buy here in the US as well.

But am kinda surprised K-On didn't "click" with you. Hmm ... oh well. Diff folks have diff tastes and all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
I don't think this could be a disaster, Reiko Yoshida is a good writer. She worked for Aria and Tamayura and is currently composing the very nice GuP. She and Yamada should also know each other pretty well after doing two seasons and a movie of K-On!, including a lot of original content.

All I'm waiting for now is some animation footage, it should come soon enough since they don't have much time until air.
Also agreed! GuP, Aria and Tamayura are all enjoyable for me - Aria is my fave anime series overall, and the Tamayura series is a big fave as well. GuP is a delightful series thus far too.... And yes - I also enjoyed all the K-On material too (cough cough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Story from Animax:

At a certain shopping district in a town, you'll find a rice cake shop owner's daughter, Tamako, a loveable first year student in high school pressing rice cakes. Tamako spends her time enjoying the badminton club with her friends Midori and Kanna at school and developing new rice cakes as well as helping the shop at home.

On the other side of the street is a rival rice cake shop owner and his son, Mochikura. Their fathers tend to fight like dogs and monkeys, but Mochikura and Tamako have been childhood friends. Mochikura has secretly given his heart to Tamako, but she hasn't recognized what he's doing. With both Mochikura and Midori in love with Tamako, there's often battles unfolding around her.

Tamako loves the other shopkeepers like they were her own family. She surrounds herself with a lot of people. Everyday is busy for the district, but the busiest time of the year is the end of the year. Oddly though, Tamako's birthday is New Years's Eve. Every year, the entire shopping district holds an event to congratulate her. The timing is awful for Mochikura, who wanted to give her a present up until now.

Mochikura is suddenly in high spirits. "This year I'll definitely do it!"
-At the same time that dazzling bird (cockatoo) suddenly appears in the shopping district. The shopping district is getting busier and busier for Tamako and pals. A different year than normal is about to begin.

Source (Thanks Ikari Gendo for pointing this out to me)

Edit: summary has been pulled from Animax's site. Yaraon and otaku.com have confirmation it was up.
I must say that I really like the description.

FINALLY I have come across a series next season that I am actively interested in!

Course, I tend to like a lot of things produced by KyoAni, so I'm biased too....