View Single Post
Old 2006-01-15, 16:10   Link #29
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I forgot to mention earlier as well, while I was in engineering the big thing we were told by many professional engineers is that an engineer should never stop learning, and that no engineer should have to pay for more schooling once they have a job. I don't know about the computer science side of things, but many companies will pay for your master's degree, or even your Ph.D, if there's a way that it will benefit them. The default, it seems, is that most engineers get a master's degree in business of some sort. Otherwise go on to specialize in a different field of engineering or what have you.

Where does neuroscience come into play for you? One of my interests, and something that I know is also being researched, is having circuitry interact with neural cells. Think Ghost in the Shell. It may be a bit removed from what you're currently doing, but at the same time, you're already in one of the fields required and have an interest in the other. If you really are passionate about neuroscience and it isn't just an escape for you, you don't need to truly give it up.