View Single Post
Old 2012-12-07, 06:29   Link #31299
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyscraggy View Post
Not only in your video, Renall, but also in this thread (i think), somebody mentioned that in the meta scene, Erika threw some blue stakes at the cabinet, that could represent bullets.
KnownNoMore uses this as the explanation for Kanon no longer existing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
In the tales no one seems to notice it much.
I mean, if two servants were to tell me that my grandfather summoned demons that killed some of my relatives and made others fall in pitfalls that magically appeared first I would think they're joking then I would check if they took drugs.

Yet, Battler and Co swallowed this lie effortlessly.
If you are talking about EP4, that's not how it went. Gohda and Kumasawa never mentioned witnessing anything magical, only that Kinzo had minions and that they were killing people as some kind of ceremony. Battler didn't hear anything about magic until Jessica's phone call... Well, that's how it was for Piece-Battler. Meta-Battler is a different story.

Then again, in Our Confessions Krauss and Natsuhi brazenly claimed there to be a demon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
And yet she's presenting them with their relatives with their faces sanded off. Even if it's fake, and some of them know it's fake, at least one person does not know this. To suggest the expected reaction to this is "Well shit, I better buckle down and solve that word puzzle while some face-mangling lunatic is running around" seems a bit curious at best.
It's illogical. It's that whole coy girl in love thing. She doesn't expect that reaction, but she hopes for it to work out somehow anyway.

Not everything she does has to, or even should, make logical sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Let's look at it this way, though. Most people are fairly sure that Yasu-culprit was Ryuukishi's intended answer. But the majority of people also seem less than satisfied with all the motives for Yasu that have been raised so far.

I've got a question then: why are we so sure that Yasu is the killer on the gameboard? I don't say that to imply that there's no good reason, but because I want to be specific. Is there anything that happens on the board that proves Yasu killed those people, or is our certainty only based on things that happened off the gameboard, in the Core Arcs, or in the Ryuukishi interviews?
There isn't really anything. Which is much of the reason I don't think there is a game board motive. In fact, I'd go as far to say that if you are searching for game-board motives without the meta-world, you also would have to look at each game-board as its own story, because once you even start having to cross-reference multiple games, (multiple alternate realities of "Yasus") you're already looking at it from a meta-perspective.

And the results by looking at each game individually are quite different from looking at the whole story from a meta perspective...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
God only knows what happened in Alliance
Actually, that thing about Kanon being the 9th victim tells us more than I had originally thought. If you make the reasonable assumption that "Kyrie's group" really means Kyrie, Krauss, Nanjo, Shannon, and Kanon then that means there are only 10 candidates for the 8 people who died before him: The 6 FT victims, the 2 ST victims, and Gohda and Kumasawa. If G&K were actually killed after Kanon it would mean that all of the FT and ST victims were truly dead when Kanon was killed. And if G&K were killed before Kanon, it would mean that exactly 2 of the FT and ST "victims" were still alive when Kanon was killed.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote