View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 13:04   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She definitely has faith in Kogami and respects him a lot. She also thinks he's very attractive (remember when she checked out his abs so blatantly? ) but I don't think she has any romantic interest in him, at least not yet. Her reaction when her friends implied as much was pretty telling, imo.
What I found more telling was, in Episode 9 (IIRC), Akane's little AI helper asking her if she was going out on a date, and Akane started blushing up a storm.

I don't think that Akane's primary interest in Kogami is romantic, but it's there.

Quote:
That said, even if we assume she does have romantic feelings for him, Akane is smart enough not to misunderstand the situation.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post

Honestly? Maybe this makes me a bit of an asshole, but shootings like that really make me less outraged at the idea of at least having some latent criminals permanently confined as we saw a few episodes ago...I know the Sybill system is flawed (perhaps even in what it defines as latent criminality), but you can really understand some of the motivations that went behind it.
True. I will say that I'd be supportive of using Psycho-Pass readings for gun control purposes. If you get a "latent criminal" reading, then you're never allowed to own a gun. It's a reasonable limitation, I think, since guns aren't a necessity in life.