View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 03:26   Link #113
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
- a system that people can easily game to support their friends/allies rather than actual good posting behavior.
...and I thought you have to support you friends.

Seriously now, yes that is kinda true but is it a really a problem to be alarmed with? Not all are that uhmm.. narrow... I remember I had a discussion with Triple R and we aren't friends back then ( are we really friends now?) but he still gave me a + rep for my continuous discussion though we never agree until the end.

Anyway going back. Ain't there already a limit of how many rep one could sent to the same person in a period of time. Just expand it 2x fold ( don't kill me guys ). It'll be too long that they may even forget that they owe the person a rep point.

Quote:
- a status symbol that people can use to pre-judge a poster (or to measure their own perceived "worth")
Not when the neg rep is removed, they could discuss with the "veterans" with out the fear of getting neg rep. Actually, its the fear of neg rep that halts people from arguing with the "veterans" but without it, its free for all. I based that on my actual experience, imagine -20 and a newbie.

Quote:
- a tool that people can still use anonymously to make people feel bad even if they're giving "positive points" in the process
Huh? I don't actually get this.. Why not just make the sender's name appear during its send. By this, MODs could also track who sends too much to somebody.. a solution on the first argument... cracking down the anarchist in AS.

Quote:
Removing negative rep also removes one of the claimed benefits that was already suggested of being able to quickly tell who is possibly a less-well-regarded poster (i.e. a possible troll or unpleasant element), as one's rep could only go up. Someone who has little rep doesn't necessarily mean they're a bad poster.
I think its the neg rep that pushes them down when they disagree with others. Removing the neg rep with somehow removed that hindrance on the way up.

Quote:
It may be seen as a solution to "a problem", but I'm not sure that it really addresses the entirety of the problem. (And to be honest, the staff did consider this whole issue rather extensively. If we felt the whole problem could be solved by simply removing neg rep, we could have easily done that long ago. I'm inclined to think that the change we need is probably a bit more substantial/fundamental.)
I think the problem is that small part of the system that a few abuses.

If a tank has a small leak, you don't have to buy a new one. Just plug it.

@ Archon Wing > to be honest, I was never a good speaker since I was back on college... and I suck in English... All I could do is draw because that is my skill.... I don't have to prove myself that I'm a good speaker because I'm just an artist..