View Single Post
Old 2012-12-22, 15:49   Link #12950
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
Well damn even though I'm a guy I have to say you look pretty good. Just try to keep the acne level lower. Are you half Asian?
Do people of East Asian descent tend to have less acne? If so he probably got it from the Irish side. I know everyone in my family (ethnically Irish with a little English) has had acne troubles in our teenage years. My sister who is 17 eats really, really healthy foods (mostly vegetables, little bit of fruit, with good protein sources, no sugar, no artificial products, etc) and still gets minor breakouts sometimes.

I think diet/lack of washing can make acne WORSE, but not always better if you are genetically predisposed. As in, you can't entirely rid yourself of it just by washing/eating healthy, but if you eat badly and don't wash your breakouts might be even more severe. In my case I had acne up until I was 18; it was worst when I was 12-14 (disgusting painful whiteheads every morning) then slowly disappeared over time. I still get the occasional zit, but I think that's inevitable with oily skin.

Anyways I've never understood the obsession with eradicating it. While it's uncomfortable, for most people it's just a byproduct of the teenage years and will subside over time with patience. I'm especially weary of using prescription medication to fight it.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote