View Single Post
Old 2013-01-10, 20:50   Link #31614
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
And which would be then the difference between a golden truth without proofs and a red truth without proofs?
or between a between a golden truth with proofs and a red truth with proofs?

The colour?

Why one is labelled as golden and the other isn't?
A gold truth without proof is just a belief. A red truth without proof is true, it just isn't explained why it's true. When Virgilia tells Battler Natsuhi is not the culprit, she doesn't explain in any sort of detail why not; however, we know from it that Natsuhi is not. Natsuhi is not the culprit, on the other hand, just means a consensus or belief that she isn't. But it could very well be that she actually is.

A red without proof is still kind of ridiculous even so, but whatever. That's all I can really think of to explain the difference. Since I'm sort of one of those who thinks gold was pulled out of somebody's ass, I don't think we're ever going to get a more meaningful distinction than that.

EDIT: Oh here's an example of a human truth that you could state in red that you can't prove. Say you're accused of a crime and you know that I was in my house all night, but can't present any specific evidence that proves that. You know it's true, but everybody else may not believe you.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote