View Single Post
Old 2013-01-11, 19:20   Link #18
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Superman and Batman set their own boundaries on what they will and won't include in their scenes. I'm not saying that anything lighter than Fate/Zero can have fanservice in its fight scenes. I'm saying that comparing the fights in Fate/Zero, which establishes a lack of fanservice early on, and VRO, which establishes a certain level of fanservice in its first episode, while for some reason ignoring that they establish a level of fanservice in their shows is a bad comparison.
"Boundaries" are simply choices that shows make. Those boundaries don't, in and of themselves, determine how comparable two different shows are, particularly at a mere scene-to-scene level.

A serious fight is a serious fight, regardless of the "boundaries" set by the show which includes it. It thus can be compared to equally serious fights in other shows.

Quote:
I'm not saying you guys aren't allowed to dislike how VRO inserts fanservice in its fights. I can completely understand your points of view in saying that it takes you out of the fight (even though I don't feel the same way). It's just a lousy comparison.
No, it's not. It's a perfectly fine comparison.

I'm honestly at a lost to understand why this particular comparison seems to bother you so much. If fanservice in a serious fight scene doesn't bother you then why would you be bothered by fanservice in a Saber fight in Fate/Zero?