View Single Post
Old 2013-01-18, 18:39   Link #1119
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
America has about 30,000+ dead a year when guns are involved. So, the numbers says a lot about that.
two different numbers, one is strictly attacks in school, the other encompasses everything from murder, accidents, suicides, police actions.

and if you really want to use China as an example? we should probably start adding in all the people that gets "disappeared", courtesy of their police.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
It is ultimately a choice between the right/ enjoyment (or whatever you want to call it) to own guns vs lowering (not eliminating) the POTENTIAL of gun violence.
For your information, in the US it IS a right, it's not a privilege or luxury.

If the lessening of potential firearm related violence and death is sufficient reason for you to think the banning of guns, I ask you this.

Should alcohol be banned? or maybe cigarettes? what about unhealthy food? or polluting power source like coal? In the US, there are over 75,000 alcohol-related, 300,000 obesity-related, and 443,000 cigarettes-related deaths every year, and pollution from coal burning is estimated to attribute to 12,000 deaths per year. Where is the outrage and the call to ban alcohol, cigarettes, and fatty food? (no, I'm not advocating those measures, just pointing out the hypocrisy).

The President mentioned during his proposal that if the law can save just one life, then it's worth passing - I couldn't disagree more. It makes for a good soundbite, but in reality it would be crazy, as we'd probably end up banning half the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
But I am only referring to "random violence". Not all gun violence. How much random violence, (like Sandy Hook, or batman movie shooting) happen in America every year?
Well, due to their random nature, there isn't exactly a set number, as it fluctuates.

Last edited by kyp275; 2013-01-18 at 18:52.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote