View Single Post
Old 2013-01-21, 18:39   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I still haven't seen Fate/Zero, and I just can't spend the time trying to binge any show right now, certainly not a two cour with a precursor season. So I guess I'll be a little biased in my voting.

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot]
  • Chihayafuru

Chihayafuru is the only one I've seen. I actually liked the plot in Chihayafuru. It seemed tightly written and well designed to show off the characters. It's not the type of plot I usually go for awarding (I tend to favor twisty plots) but I'm fine recognizing it.

Interested in seeing Fate/Zero

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation]
  • Hyouka

Geeze... again only one that I have seen. Nisemonogatari wasn't my top pick either. I guess I really should check out the Kyo-ani shows. I might actually watch an episode or two of Hyouka and then come back to change my vote.

EDIT: Okay, one episode of Hyouka has won me over. I vote for that one.

Interested in Hyouka

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure]
  • Mirai Nikki (TV)

Again only one I saw. Geez I'm out of the loop this year. Too bad Space Pirates didn't make it though. I was supporting that one on the "Adventure" part. Looks like "Action" is dominating this year. Fate/Zero is probably better, but I haven't seen it, so I'll go with the axe wielding Yuno Gasai.

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy]
  • Abstain

Not fair to vote here since I haven't seen Fate/Zero, which is almost certainly the best Fantasy this year. Saw Sword Art Online, but frankly detested it for how it handled a really interesting premise.

-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction]
  • Mouretsu Pirates

Easy pick here. Nothing like an old fashioned space action adventure show. Made me realize how much I missed those types of shows.

-{B3}- [Best Horror]
  • Mirai Nikki (TV)

Finally one with some competition. Another is your more classic horror show. Slow build up before taking a steep slide into increasing depravity, as our hero and heroine are hunted by forces beyond their control. Mirai Nikki was more of a twist show that depended a lot on the Yandere element. However, I felt that this was the only Yandere show to really hit the right notes.

To me it wasn't the blood that made Mirai Nikki horror, it was the psychological breakdown and corruption of both our hero and our heroine. It is horror, but more in the line of "The Strange Case of Doctor Jekyll and Mr Hyde". The evil in Mirai Nikki wasn't the outside forces with knives and guns, it was inside our hero and heroine all along.

-{B4}- [Best Mystery]
  • Another

Well, this is another case were I really need to watch a show. However, Another was your classic Horror/Mystery and it intrigued me, so for now I'll give it a vote.

Interested in Hyouka

-{B5}- [Best Drama]
  • Kokoro Connect

A good drama. Later it became more romance, but earlier it had drama without the romance. Tari Tari is the other I saw, but that was too much Slice of Life for me.

-{B6}- [Best Romance]
  • Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun

Haven't seen Chuunibyou. The premise is too hard for me because I'll feel empathetic embarrassment for all the silly things being done. Seen the others though. Ano Natsu was good, but I didn't really feel the canon couple. Mysterious Girlfriend X was incredibly sensual and was really different. However, I have to go with The Monster Next To Me.

-{B7}- [Best Comedy]
  • Abstain

Not a good year for the comedy I like.

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life]
  • Tari Tari

A pleasant show, and I haven't seen Hyouka yet.

-{B9}- [Best Sports]
  • Chihayafuru

Obvious pick is obvious

-{C1}- [Best TV Series]
  • Chihayafuru

It's this or Fate/Zero, and I haven't seen Fate/Zero.

-{C2}- [Best OVA]
  • Abstain

Sigh... Haven't seen any of these.

-{C3}- [Best Movie]
  • K-On! Movie

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead]
  • Shizuku Mizutani

Hard to pick between Chihaya and Mitty, but I'm going to go with the study bug. Rarely do female leads have both the quirky personality and the solid feeling of "Realness" that Mizutani does.

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead]
  • Abstain

Not feeling the guys this year.

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist]
  • Yuno Gasai

She made her show. I wouldn't be surprised if half the viewers turned in just to watch Yuno Gasai.

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character]
  • Asako Natsume

-{D5}- [Best World Setting]
  • Sword Art Online

Detested the show, but got to admit it had a cool World Setting.

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme]
  • Kuusou Mesorogiwi

Watched all of them, To The Beginning is the best song, but if you include visuals I have to go with the OP to Mirai Nikki. It properly communicated the nature of the show.

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack]
  • Abstain

Didn't see any so how can I vote?

-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series]
  • JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (2012)

Since Yamato didn't make it through my vote has to go for Jojo.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?

Last edited by Sackett; 2013-01-21 at 19:39.
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote