Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-24, 15:09   Link #290
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperborealis View Post
I think you're misunderstanding episode 20. Chihaya plays hooky to go to the tournament, to make sure Taichi isn't alone. When she finds out Taichi has lost she is concerned and doesn't know what to say. It is Taichi who changes the subject, so to speak, and tells Chihaya Arata is playing. It is only then that she heads for the playing hall. So, I don't see how she is being a bad friend. She is being good friends to both of them.
No, you're misunderstanding. Taichi tells her Arata's playing. What Chihaya, or any person who isn't an asshole, should have done is stay with him at least enough to make sure he's ok, and maybe then drag him with her to see Arata play. After all, she went there to check on Taichi because she was worried (as a friend) yet, even though she found him feeling like shit and in serious need of a shoulder/some cheering up, she just left him the moment she's told about Arata. No matter who you look at it she failed as a fried. At the very least I know in her place I wouldn't have done something like this, and if I did I would feel like shit afterwards.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2013-01-24 at 15:23.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote