View Single Post
Old 2013-01-24, 19:36   Link #11780
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I know, right? Seeing people's double standards and hypocrisy always amuses me.
Except that Medaka is going to survive due to plot bullshit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
Yeah, right, the Treasure Hunt arc was predictable you're saying? My ass! It's by far the most unpredictable arc along with the Flask Plan and this one.
You kidding me? The outcome of both was "Medaka beats the villain by lecturing at them", which is very probably how this will end as well.
If the manga continues after this arc I guarantee you that Iihiko will start attending Hakoniwa Academy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurusu-Shirudo View Post
At this point I would suggest them reread the series from the very beggining, so they can see how wrong is that "Medaka hasn't changed at all" statement.
She's still a bitch to Zenkichi, she's still ridiculously self-sacrificing, she's still overpowering everyone no matter how unjustifiable it is that she does so, she's still a bitch to Zenkichi... yeah, not much has really changed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfenstein View Post
Which makes sense, since the reason Iihiko was more powerful is because he was a more heroic main-character than Medaka, because that's what matters when two main characters fight, and when it all comes down to who fate will help win the battle, in the Medaka Box world.
I think what bothers me the most about the post-140 arcs is the loss of all the interesting meta discussions. The implications that the late chapters of that arc set up have gone nowhere.
Quote:
Also, does this mean that the master of the paradox manipulation Style; Contradictory Conjunction, Nienami Namanie, was absolutely wrong in warning Medaka that she was using styles incorrectly?
Who the hell even knows anymore?
Quote:
If so, screw you for rendering one of the best girls in this manga superfluous, Nishio.
At least she's not as superfluous as Torai!
Seriously why does that character even exist
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote