Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 20:01   Link #392
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Good point. I do am assuming that Arata is really skilled. And the fact that we barely saw him in 30 episodes surely made me think, through Chihaya and Taichi's views of him, and as of late from the queen reaction, that he really is. So, as you said, let's wait and see.
I actually do think Arata is really strong. Even if he wins by tricks he has come up with that is still winning. However you win: by memory of the cards, by reflexes, or by clever tricks that to me is all a part of skill.

Arata also has played and loved the game since he was a small child & and he was inspired by his grandfather. All of this makes him very powerful.

That being said we know Arata can lose as he has lost since the flash forward. He's certainly not unbeatable.

I think our strongest impression of Arata is when we saw him play as a child. This was through Chihaya's eyes a complete beginner so in that sense Arata's skills were even more amazing. Even to most of us who knew nothing about Karutra, Arata's skills will be enhanced in this situation.

Although that being said I don't think it matters whether Chihaya, Arata, or Taichi are stronger. Can't they all be strong in different ways? And perhaps you can lose one game against an opponent but play again and win.