View Single Post
Old 2013-02-14, 16:39   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I had already guessed the Chief was Sybil's avatar and that the brains of criminally asymptomatic people were used as components, but I was shocked to find out these brains are actually the ones running the Sybil system, meaning society is ruled by a bunch of sociopaths. That's messed up on so many levels.

I loved Makishima in this episode. I cheered for him as well when he rejected Kouzaburou/Sybil's offer in such a spectacular and gruesome way. He is a truly marvelously written villain (about to become an anti-hero?). I understand his desire to remain a player in the game called life. Being a referee might be appealing, but it's nowhere near as thrilling. I'm eagerly looking forward to his inevitable team-up with Kogami. This will be explosive!

It probably won't take Kogami long to find out the truth behind Kagari's disappearance. He's already correctly deducted he's been disposed of by a dominator in destroy decomposer mode, though at this point it merely remains a theory which happens to be spot-on. He still needs evidence. Incidentally, I thought it was a bit ridiculous how this hypothesis immediately sprung to his mind even though it's supposed to be an impossible scenario. He must have watched the end of last week's episode. I know he's supposed to be a genius at detective work but come on... there should be limits to his ability.