View Single Post
Old 2013-02-17, 15:24   Link #97
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I
I just believe one will tend to have an even better idea about the full range and scope of a writer's or director's abilities, so to speak, by having more experience and taking additional information into consideration.
Of course the more familiar you are with a writer/director the better judge you can be (I am not disputing that). But I think I am familiar enough with the writer to say my judgement is not unfounded. There are just certain things common to a number of his works that I am not a fan of. And on another note I actually have seen more of his works than I listed (although certainly not everything).

Quote:
It is. However, Planetes actually had a lot of anime original material, especially but not exclusively during the second half, which isn't strictly following the manga.
And some of the changes the anime makes from the manga are actually the issues I have with Planetes but that's neither here nor there.

Quote:
that I don't really agree with it. What I'm saying is that we shouldn't automatically separate one thing from the other. The tone, themes and characterization aren't inherently unrelated to the structure of the plot
Perhaps but I want to point out that I can think of series with very silly premises that do have the depth that I am speaking is lacking in many of this writers original works.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-17 at 15:41.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote