Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Chihayafuru Season 2
View Single Post
Old 2013-02-24, 23:23   Link #536
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I agree and disagree with you here. I agree that only Taichi's feelings are absolutely certain when it comes to the romance while Chihaya and Arata's are not clear, but I actually think that is all on purpose on Suetsugu's part to make the romantic element unclear.

I think there is definitely indication that Chihaya could love Arata but does not realize or understand her own feelings. I think this is what Taichi believes. Or it could be that Taichi is misinterpreting strong feelings of friendship for love.

As for Arata we see so little of him that it is even harder to grasp how he feels, again does Arata care for Chihaya as a friend or something more.

However, I don't think the love triangle doesn't exist because only Taichi's feelings are clear cut. The love triangle is being set up for the audience not just the characters.
Arata is still talking to her so he has feelings. Guys don't normally talk to females unless there is some interest. Chihaya definitely wants to see Arata. Ep. 7's ending demonstrated that nicely. Chihaya and Arata's problem is distance. Once they are close, then it should play out nicely.

Taichi needs to move on to greener pastures imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
On a side note, I do agree that he should express his feelings. Usually it is really liberating, whatever the outcome would be. (And for that reason he never will do it )
It could break up the harmony within the competitive club as its a small one, especially if she declines. It could lead to one or both of them leaving the club due to it. Club losing its rank etc due to loss of talented members with people at their school gunning for them. Another reason why they can't have a Chihaya x Taichi.