View Single Post
Old 2013-02-28, 20:56   Link #131
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesh462 View Post
Maybe I did fall victim. How are you supposed to tell hype from good info? Many other shows that came highly recommended to me I loved.
Wow, now I’m feeling guilty for recommending Fate/Zero to you . Btw jesh, where do you get the hype for this series from? IIRC in page one, I only said that it has cool characters and the story is more intense than Fate/Stay Night. I’m sorry if you indeed get too hyped by that simple comment . Maybe I forgot to mention that F/Z is really different from F/SN. It’s more like a Greek or Shakespearean tragedy where we slowly watching things going down for most of the characters. Without the disaster in F/Z, there will be no F/SN. Just like watching Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith where you know it's not gonna end well. Also, they deliberately not fully explore Saber in this series since she was supposed to have it in Fate/Stay Night (even though Urobuchi still give us more tidbits about her in F/Z). It'll be strange if she was "enlightened" in Zero then going back to her strict self in Stay Night .

Anyway, I’m glad that you really enjoy my other rec, Full Metal Panic! series.

As for how to differentiate good info from hype, I think it all comes down to taste and you have to try the show yourself with moderate expectation. Also, don't easily trust hyperbolic recommendation such as "this show is the best evahh!!" or something like that .