Thread: Playstation 4
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 04:46   Link #248
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I don't see it's any different if the PS4 were backwards compatible. What if the PS4 dies? Same thing happens. You just replace it with another one, and transfer anything you bought from your old console to the new one.

In all honesty, I don't understand the obsession with BC. I treat each console as their own, like how I didn't expect the PS3 to run an Xbox360 game, I kept my PS2 around to play PS2 games, and PS3 for PS3 games. I just gave my cousin my PS2 when I hardly touch it anymore, and borrow it whenever I feel like playing Persona 4 again or something.
Last generation gave us Online accounts, DLC, online passes and what not. Consoles without BC this generation means, your previous investments are useless, unless you keep your old console.
If you sell them, the digital items you bought are still tied to your account. This mean that we now have things on our account that are useless and which we cannot sell or pass on to others, unless we sell or transfer our accounts to someone else, which is apparently illegal. So I can understand that some people are upset about that, as we didn't had this issue with the swap from 6th to the 7th gen. So the move this time around might impact more people than previously.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote