Thread: Crunchyroll GJ-bu
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-06, 14:29   Link #263
Midonin
Last Engage

GJ Bu 09 - GJGJ Mikos

An ending sticks around for more than two episodes? Wasn't expecting that. Again, I cannot reiterate how much I love Mao in this series. Maaya Uchida brings a lot to the role, completely different from her work as Reirei. Seeing Mao confuse her "Ma-chan" and normal identities was a good start to the episode. Never thought I'd see Kyoro playing doctor, though it never got that far. Not that anyone would risk their lives like that with Kirara. She's got a grip that can crush plastic. The things people learn in Canada. It wouldn't be a Hiro Shimono role without crossdressing somewhere, and Kyoroko provides that role. The hair brushing competition was mostly made fun by Uchida's great announcer voice, and the final segment - with Kirara turning into a spirit detector, very quickly went to the subject of sacrifice. Seeing the girls in Miko outfits was pretty cute. The show's got a good sense of pacing going for it, and though some segments ran longer than I expected, there was a nice variety of stories too. I just want to hear more of Uchida's Mao voice.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote