Old 2013-03-14, 01:14   Link #122
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Dear lord, a mass of posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well it might be amusing to consider that the humans really are so incompetent .

However, the thing is that I truly believed in Tomiko's words when Saki was still a teenager. She truly was proactive in the story, and overcame these emotional moments. She survived these trials and continued to live on with a level head.

That is why her actions in this arc so far have been pretty disappointing to me. I'd expect that since she became an adult, she'd be even more mature and stronger. Instead it almost feels like she has regressed. Granted, I expect she'll do something FINALLY in the next episodes.
Well, like I've said, I think it's fairly reasonable for Saki to regress because all these events are breaking her. On the other hand, I also agree that a protagonist really needs to make a choice for themselves or the show will just devolve to slasher film levels, and that would not be cool.

Certainly not anything incredibly badass, but clearly she must have found something in all these years of introspection. Does Saki have nothing else to offer but a broken soul and fear? Sure it makes sense, but it's not that satisfying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's an interesting observation. And now that I think about it, you're right.

Saki displayed a fair degree of spunk and strength even in the handful of episodes that there were after Shun's death but before Maria ran away. But ever since Maria passed on, Saki has become a bit more passive, and a bit more withdrawn.

It's like losing Maria took the color out of Saki's world, and now the world is so bleak that Saki needs to make an extra effort to push herself forward whereas before it came more naturally.

When you combine the effect that Maria running away had on Saki, along with Saki basically blaming Maria for what's happening now, it's hard to not get the impression of a depressed and jilted lover.
Lol, you're still at it with the yuri shipping! But yea, you gotta wonder why Saki blames Maria so much for all of this. Maria was just that important to her, and now she's left to chasing a shadow of Shun.

Quote:
I'm also very much looking forward to the next meeting between Saki and Yakomaru. I hope it'll have a nice climatic feel to it, and that Saki will stand tall in that moment.
It really depends on what Kiromaru is up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Can't you guys post better?
No.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews