View Single Post
Old 2013-04-01, 23:36   Link #1114
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by motaku96 View Post
Whoa man, you're actin' like I'm attacking you. I'm not. I totally get your point. I can see that Nanoha didn't get much development during the movie. She's my favorite character too.
Your words suggested otherwise, because you didn't get our point when you felt we were getting upset over essentially nothing. Actually, if anything, we were getting upset over people like Demi who refused to budge an inch even in a theoretical debate about what could be done to give other characters more screentime. Even in a hypothetical situation which will in no way change reality, they demonstrate a lack of empathy toward other characters, and other people's feelings toward other characters. I am reminded of Scrooge, who wouldn't give a penny towards a family with a crippled child. It is that lack of empathy and understanding, that is the upsetting part, really. The moment we start discussing the possibility of cutting Fate scenes to dedicate some time to developing characters who get little to no development, they come in and claim we're all hating on Fate.

Quote:
You're just bouncin' with rage there. You're also making a lot of generalizations about Fate/NanoFate fans. Stereotypin' ain't cool dude.
I've been to many other forums, who are full of NanoFate fans. The stereotype is more true than some might want to admit. I will also say that I do have some NanoFate fans who *do* acknowledge that it gets a lot of screentime, to the detriment of other characters. And even they get upset about it because they want to see others developed as well. But they are a minority in the NanoFate realm, as far as I've seen (and some have since left the fandom as well, sickened by the attitude from fellow fans).

Quote:
As for your second question, if you looked at my other post, you'd see that I was disappointed that Chrono didn't have many parts in the movie too. And I wished that they gave Lindy a fight scene too.
But would you be okay with them taking time away from Fate and NanoFate, in order to develop those characters? Would you acknowledge that Fate and NanoFate gets too much focus, and they could afford to be dialed back some, to give other characters some development?

Show me that you're different, and that you don't fit the stereotype.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote