View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 22:34   Link #711
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
>frubam

Wait, you think there were no sexual overtones in him taking her buruma? Even if we disregard the whole buruma fetish thing (not necessarily applicable to Kasuga), PE clothes/buruma are highly sexually "charged" clothing items. This is almost the equivalent of taking her bra. (We even see him staring at her in those clothes, later imagining her in them, etc. Don't tell me those were innocent thoughts... )

Again, I'm not saying Kasuga is a pervert. He's just an awkward teenage boy and he has Awkward Teenage Issues (including what you wrote about "soiling" Saeki), and he did something he shouldn't have done. But that doesn't mean taking her clothes (never mind perving over them later) is not, in fact, creepy, and Kasuga is well aware of that.
The issue is that Kasuga didn't steal the clothes because he wanted to take them home and do dirty things to them -- he took them in a panic because he heard Nakamura outside and was afraid somebody would see what he was doing. His moment of sin was when he gave into temptation and looked into the bag; once he got them home, they became like the telltale heart reminding him of his weakness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Damn, has anyone watched any of those slightly art-house/live-action Japanese films about individuals on the fringes of society? About deviants? Or driven to self-destruction? Seems that having this kind of experience is a requisite in order to appreciate this show.
No, but I've read the books -- Hitomi Kanehara's Snakes and Earrings, Yoko Ogawa's Hotel Iris (it's like a twisted version of Hanasaku Iroha!) and Ami Sakurai's Innocent World. Great stuff.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote