View Single Post
Old 2013-05-03, 09:09   Link #32205
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
Also I think we put too much faith in the witch hunters' document finding ability. I could be obsessed with a murder, and still really only have accesss to public release info and whatever I read on the message boards. Documents aren't that easy to steal in general, and most casual enthusiasts would not be that way inclined. Though I suspect Ryu just never thought too deeply on this, for fear of a headache.
I thought about this discussion a lot today, because it is one of the things that actually still open to a lot of discussion: In how far was the investigation of Rokkenjima unrealistically sloppy?
I for myself arrived at the point that I would say, even the police would be at a loss at certain points. Think about it, you have 17 people missing with Maria very likely being a casualty and the others being at least likely, you have only one survivor who refuses to talk and two highly doubt-worthy reports of mysterious origin.

Spoiler for Victims:

Survivor:
Ushiromiya Eva: Wife of Hideyoshi. Second in line for headship. Found outside the explosion radius in a mansion hidden in the forest - only directly accessible through second harbor and (now collapsed) tunnel.

Who and what would you start to investigate? There is no direct evidence of a crime due to the explosion; the only thing hinting towards that is the existence of two conflicting reports of highly doubt-worthy origin. Eva refuses to speak up about the actual events and is thus of course rumored to be responsible.

Even if it was to be proven that the handwriting in the message bottle matched that of the (by herself doubt-worthy) "Yasuda -Shannon- Sayo", what would that proof by itself? One bottle was found on the day of the event, the other was proven to have been sent out in a similar time-frame, the content asks for the crime to be solved, making it questionable if it was written by the culprit of an unknown crime.
Also important is the fact that the existence of this "Shannon" as well as her close co-worker "Kanon" is doubt-worthy by itself, which makes it harder for any motive or background to be constructed.

Even if this "Shannon" was a fake persona, the most likely solution to be reached was for her to have worked herself into the family for the fortune by getting close to George.
The existence of a possible 10th heir (Lion) is highly doubt-worthy beyond a rumor-level. Yasu's birth was never revealed or given in any official birth-records. The whole existence of that person was kept a close secret between Kinzo, Genji, Kumasawa, Nanjo and Natsuhi, just as the existence of Kuwadorian Beatrice was between Kinzo, Genji, Kumasawa, Nanjo and Rosa and Beatrice Castiglioni's was a secret between the first four. Only Kawabata knew of female items being shipped to Kuwadorian, but not of any concrete resident.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote