View Single Post
Old 2013-05-24, 17:57   Link #55
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenSwild View Post
The only thing that annoys me about Saki's character is how bipolar she is. She goes from the cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto, to a "who cares about Haruto?" attension whore, and now she's back to a cool, savvy, mysterious beauty who may have feelings for Haruto. I don't know who her character is yet.
I agree. I would say that she put on a big show and seemingly became selfish in an effort to distract herself from her own fears and insecurities, but the timing of her actions didn't really fit with the circumstances. I think it's clear that she harbors feelings for Haruto, though, although she may not realize it. Stealing Haruto's body and causing mischief with it may have been her way of venting those feelings, similar to the way that elementary school boys will bully the girls that they like ("reaction formation" is the psychological term). She went a little crazy with a mixture of attaining power and becoming closer to Haruto. Now it's all settling down, and she's also gaining connections to people (specifically Shouko).

I did not approve of her actions in episode 6 at all, and her behavior was arguably odd even in episode 5 (or was it 4? Randomly starting fights and then biting a classmate). She was fine before that, though, and her character has returned to being likable now. It helped seeing how she turns out farther in the future.

Basically, if Sunrise was going for capturing the crazy personal development of the teenage years, they're doing a great job. It's a bit confusing to follow at times, though.