Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-26, 01:40   Link #2923
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
The humans captured by the Chimera Ants are stripped nude and devoured afterward. Though it's never explicitly stated, I always assumed that the Chimera Ants took their clothes from their prey. NGL soldiers possess guns and it wouldn't be a stretch to assume that they kept other items that are technically contraband.
The bolded parts right there are what matters, my friend. So, if we go by your interpretation, you’d want me to believe that these so-called “traditional” villagers possessed and wore bikinis, wrestler-style jumpsuits, and koala-sized suits complete with a nice tie? Sorry mate, but unless there’s a twist about the villagers or the anime explicitly explains where those clothes come from, my impression that they came out of nowhere is still justified given the info we get so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toto y Moi View Post
I can't give you an answer on Meleoron just yet, but I am saying that there have been hints towards the natural abilities of Chimera Ants. For example, in this episode, Rammot naturally used Zetsu without any knowledge of Nen--which Kite comments on. Is it a stretch to believe that there could be users among them who've no concept of the extent of their abilities? A la Neon.
Mate, look at my previous posts. I’ve never stated that I don’t believe there’re nen-users out there (people and animals alike) who have no knowledge about nen. What I’m saying is that I believe Meleoron’s invisibility is his natural/innate ability as an animal that doesn’t require focusing on nen to do it (unlike Hisoka’s “Bungee Gump”, for example). Now, tell me something (as a manga reader), as unique as the foxes’ ability to transform into humans, do they use an actual nen-technique to do it?

I'm saying this knowing full-well that I can be proven wrong by the next episodes. Still, this is what I believe right now.